His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, February 27, 2009

Slow at work

It's been slow at work all this week. So I haven't been spending as much sitting there waiting for work. I've been focusing on us packing and moving. I just want to make sure everything is taken care of when we move out of here. Shannon takes care of the packing part, and I focus on the background things like paying bills, packing our clothes, forwarding mail, etc.

I am also still job hunting here and there. Shannon had his interview yesterday and they "will be in touch." They have an internal candidate applying for this position as well, but it sounds like the GM doesn't want to hire him for it. Of course, that doesn't mean he has the job, so I am still looking and sending out his resume and cover letter. Shannon said not to job hunt this weekend but it's become a habit for me. Just this morning, I sent his resume out for at least 10 jobs.

If we don't hear anything by Monday, we'll start re-applying for food stamps, and apply for WIC. We still have to file our taxes so I want to get that done as soon as we can. I don't expect to get a refund this year anyway, since it usually goes straight to Shannon's student loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment