His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sad News About Neighbor

Let me start from the beginning.

Earlier in the afternoon, I noticed that one of our neighbors (they live across from us on the 2nd floor) packing up their minivan. It looked like they were either moving out or going on a really long trip. But I figured they were moving because there were lots of boxes and what looked like a mini fridge.

Then later this evening, I noticed the wife and 2 daughters come home with fast food. There's a husband, wife, and 2 teenage girls in this family. I have noticed over the last few weeks that the wife goes to work much less, and I think she works at a restaurant. So I figure her hours have been cut down (because of the economy).

Tonight, Shannon came in from one of his smoke breaks and he said that our neighbor above us just said her husband moved out. Of course, I was shocked and asked him which neighbor. There was so confusion because I thought it was a different family and our descriptions were being misunderstood. Come to find out, we saw the husband moving out his stuff earlier today! Anyway, the wife saw Shannon out there and she just started talking to him (she doesn't know us and we don't know them). She said that she knew today was not going to be a good day and that her husband just left her and her daughters. She's been married 17 years to this man.

Now that I think back to them packing up their minivan, it was just the husband and a friend of his packing. So I wonder if he was packing up while the wife was away. So he would basically ambush her with the news of him leaving.

I was and still am in total shock. We don't know this family, although we have seen them in passing. I am really sad to see a family break up like this. I wonder if it's because of the economy or if he met someone else... I have no idea. I am truly feel bad for this family.

And here's the kicker to this whole story, if it can't get any worse... Today is his daughter's BIRTHDAY!

2 comments: