His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Long Odd Day

Shannon was up early this morning by 9 AM or so! He's been waking up pretty early lately, it's so weird having him up with us in the morning.


My in-laws had doctor appointments this morning. My in-laws were also having DirectTV installed, and they were expected between 12 PM and 4 PM. They were also putting a cable cord through the room we stay in, so now we'll have a TV to watch.

I told Shannon that I need to order more homeopathic medicine for my allergy to the cat. I think my allergies are slowly coming back. I ran out of my medicine a few weeks ago and have gone this long without it! It's pretty surprising. I ordered more medicine, as well as another item.

Shannon received some good news this afternoon, he will be receiving unemployment! The court ruled in his favor! His former employer have until April 15th to dispute the ruling. Once we get our first check, we definitely need to get the car fixed! We also want to get Kyle a power wheels toy.


He always wants us to push him up and down the yard in his tricycle! He loves being on the move! So he would love this toy!

Now that Shannon will be receiving unemployment, he can be picky with which jobs to accept! It's nice knowing we'll have some income coming in, some is better than none. We will be applying for WIC and Medicaid soon as well! I am also thinking about taking the CNA course for sure! Although, the school is 45 minutes away! I have looked at the CNA jobs in this area and they are all for private homes. I have seen a few job ads to work at a facility/hospital/rehab center type of place. I am not really wanting to work at someone's private home.

The DirectTV guys were for over 4 hours! It was such an inconveniece because we had to keep Kyle away from the guys while they were working because he would just run up to them and stand next to them to look at what they were doing! LOL So we stayed outside most of the time they were here. My in-laws also got a DVR recorder and Shannon showed them how to use it, they are going to see how much easier it is! We were so spoiled with our DVR! I would record all of my favorite shows!

My mother-in-law made chocolate covered strawberries! YUM! The last time I had those was back when I was working at the hotel where I met Shannon (my first hotel job). They were leftovers from conventions, meetings, or room service. I do miss that job because we did get a few plates of free food from the conventions!

No comments:

Post a Comment