His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, April 20, 2009

Busy Monday

My in-laws have their new refrigerator! It's much bigger and has so much room for lots of food. It's energy efficient, so hopefully their energy bill will be much less, especially with their dryer that was fixed last week. Their old refrigerator was on it's last leg. The new appliance is digital (the temperature is displayed on the inside) and high tech looking.

I am doing laundry and I did some cleaning today. I vacuumed the whole upstairs and stairs, which needed it. The cat has snuck into our room a few times, so I needed to clean the carpet to help alleviate my allergies. I also cleaned our bathroom and . . . the dreaded toilet! I bought some green-friendly toilet cleaner, which I love using. I am now using my green-friendly cleaners to clean as well as my handy dandy microfiber towel, instead of paper towels.

Shannon has another appointment at the University with the school counselor tomorrow. He's going to enroll, pending his approval of FAFSA and a student loan. The classes start in May, which was perfect timing for him to contact the school in the first place, and hopefully he can get approved before classes start! The classes are 5 weeks long and he can only do one class at a time, since they are so accelerated and consecutively scheduled.

Shannon also called the local unemployment office regarding his unemployment checks. They said he should have received the debit card by now, they said it was sent out on April 5th. LOL I hope they can re-send him a debit card.

A few weeks ago, I ordered Shannon a homeopathic remedy for his smoking. I checked the delivery confirmation online and it said they "attempted to deliver" on Saturday and a notice was left on the door. Of course there was no note. It also said we could pick it up or reschedule a delivery so I chose to have it redelivered today. The post office called today and said that it was delivered, so now they are trying to track it down. What is going on with our mail? LOL It seems our mail is getting lost!

1 comment: