His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, April 10, 2009

Eventful Day

We tend to stick to a routine, mainly for our 3 year old son, but mostly because we got used to it! LOL Although, Kyle is the type to just roll with it, he doesn't care if our day doesn't go by the same routine.

For starters, Kyle woke up around 7 AM, which usually wakes me up. Soon after I took him downstairs for breakfast, he brought me his shoes, meaning he wanted to go outside to play - at 7:15 AM!. LOL He ended up not eating at all. I had to get dressed and get him dressed real quick to take him outside. Shannon woke up while we were getting dressed.

We had a DirectTV contractor came out to install our cable TV in our room! I feel so spoiled. It's been over 6 weeks since we've watched any TV. I was looking through the menu and was amazed. LOL It's been so long since we've had a TV to watch. Although, we don't have DVR in our room, so any shows I miss, I will keep watching on the internet. The DirectTV guys was really nice and talkative and he and Shannon seemed to get along, they were even talking politics! LOL Before he left, he showed Shannon that we have a storm coming our way. We have thunder, lightening, rain, and hail in our area!

My mother-in-law and I made brownies! My first time making brownies! It came from a box and not from scratch, but still! It was pretty fun. It was agony waiting those 42 minutes for them to bake! Boy oh boy, were they good!

This afternoon, we discovered that our internet was compromised. Apparently, when they went to a certain website and clicked on something, it downloaded a virus on their computer. In turn, it created an email address from their IP address and started sending out SPAM emails to random people. We got this notice on our screen saying one of our computers was infected and to call them to fix our internet. Shannon and I both try to protect our computers and run the anti-spyware, anti-malware, etc. It was his dad's computer that was infected. We downloaded an anti-malware program on his computer and it found about 200 viruses! Shannon and I were both relieved it wasn't US that did this! I am always running and checking my computer for viruses and spyware!

I am very excited that Shannon took the first step to starting college again. He had University of Phoenix call him and he has an appointment with them next Wednesday! They will request his transcripts from his high school and college for him! He's going to get his Bachelors Degree in Hospitality Management and then go for a law degree at another college.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the computer. Some people might say I guard my computer better than my kids :-)

    ReplyDelete