His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Friday and Saturday

We had really nice weather on Friday and Saturday! Kyle was outside for most of the time. There is a boy who lives next door who is between 11-13 or so. He plays basketball on the driveway and everytime Kyle hears him playing, he runs over to the fence and watches him play.

FRIDAY:

My in-laws discovered that they finally received their disability check (they waited 4 years) in their account. They ended up going shopping on Saturday morning. They bought 4 adirondack chairs in a green color for the backyard and a few chairs for their porch. They plan on buying more goodies and doing some much needed repairs to their house.

My mother-in-law and I planted one row of onions and a tray of beets. We plan on doing another row of onions in about a week. We still have more planting to do in the next few weeks. They bought a little greenhouse to keep the seeds in.



SATURDAY:

I started job hunting two more job sites. I am now searching on craigslist and another hospitality job site. With craigslist, I am very careful since there are lots of scams and fake ads posted. I sent out a cover letter to 5 job ads. I didn't attach a resume, instead I asked them to reply back for a resume, since I have no idea who is receiving my email.

We ended up having pizza, Coronas, and Sprite. The beer was for my in-laws and Shannon. I don't think I would like the taste of beer, so I don't drink it. So I drink soda instead. My in-laws and Shannon aren't big drinkers so just 2 beers and they are buzzed!

The neighbor also gave us a little recliner for Kyle (her boy grew out of it). It's a grey-ish blue color and so cute. It's a recliner just for kids. When we introduced it to Kyle, we told him it's "his chair" and to go sit in "his chair." He quickly got the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment