His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Tax Day!

Today is Tax Day! I did our taxes a few months ago. I am not the type to wait until the last minute, otherwise it would bother me until I did so. I don't like things "hanging over my head." I like to finish any tasks that need to be done and get them over with! If I left our taxes up to Shannon, he would be doing them at 11 PM tonight. LOL

Shannon had his appointment with a school counselor at the University of Phoenix, which is located in Charlotte, about 45 minutes away. He left around 12:30 PM (his appointment was at 2 PM), and he got home around 4 PM. Going back to college is something Shannon really wants to do, so Kyle and I are behind him and supporting him. If Shannon gets his unemployment, then we will definitely have him go to school. Initially, he was going to pursue his Bachelors in Hospitality Management, but after looking at the courses for Criminal Justice and talking it over with his dad, he decided he's going to pursue Criminal Justice. He loves the subject and he knows he will do very well in it. Plus, there is a law school here offering a full scholarship if you have a 3.5 GPA or higher.

My mother-in-law (MIL) had to call a repair company to fix their dryer and refrigerator. Come to find out, they will need to buy a new refrigerator because their current one will break down. So they went shopping today, and finally found one they like. They chose an "energy star" fridge. The dryer [will hopefully] be fixed tomorrow morning. We are really hoping it can be fixed, we have at least 3 loads to do and my MIL has laundry too!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are looking up. Here's hoping he gets his unemployment and gets to go to school!

    ReplyDelete