His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First Day of College

Shannon starts college today. He had a phone appointment with someone from the college, they walked him through some of the basics, what to expect, and what he would need to study.

My MIL and I went to Walmart today. We did some grocery shopping and bought a few other things. I bought Kyle a cute "summer" set that had a sleeveless shirt and shorts. Of course, I choose the blue one since that is Shannon's favorite color and he likes seeing his boy in blue.

I picked up some "easy ups" trainer pants to use for potty training. For the last few days, I've been showing Kyle how to pull down his pants and have him sit on his potty. I made it fun and silly and gave him kisses and clapped for him. He loves his potty and it also doubles as a step stool, so we use it so he can brush his teeth in the bathroom.

I also bought Shannon a desk top calendar for his desk. He wanted it to keep track of his school assignments and when they are due.

My MIL had to get a choke collar for the dog, doggy treats, and a few cans of cat food.

All in all, we had fun. We kept forgetting things so we had to go back and forth to different aisles.

Tonight I made brownies, courtesy of Duncan Hines. Yum! I also made Arizona Green Tea, but I haven't had a chance to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment