His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Susie Homemaker

Shannon's been joking that I am Susie Homemaker today, and I feel like it too. I've been cleaning all over the place today.

I made Monkey Munch, it was very easy BUT very messy! I gave Kyle some and he liked it. But apparently it makes he act differently. He has more energy and he's "all over the place." He started doing things he normaly doesn't do (as Shannon put it). So we decided to limit his intake of Moneky Munch since it is coated with powdered sugar. I joked with Shannon saying that maybe that's how other kids act everyday and Kyle just inherited his gene of being laid back. Shannon said it's very sweet tasting, so I won't be making this snack as often as I hoped. It will have to be a "special" treat.

While Kyle was upstairs with his dad playing around and distracted, I planted another row of string beans for my MIL. I also planted the plant I got from Earth Day. We think it's a tomato plant, but not positive. I was going to plant another row of green onions, but I can't find the bag of bulbs. I didn't have to water the garden, since it rained earlier today.

I did 3 loads of laundry today! LOL I plan on doing more this week. I also cleaned our bathroom. I used baking soda to clean the sink, bathtub, and toilet since they needed a good scrubbing. Then I used baking soda and vinegar for the drains (to help keep them flowing).

Meanwhile, Shannon was catching on paperwork for school and unemployment. He's getting everything ready for when his classes start later this month. He had to go to Walmart for ink for our printer.

Other than that, we've been enjoying "living on our own" again. It's been nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment