His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, May 4, 2009

Just one of those days

We shaved Kyle's head today. He did not enjoy it, and kept trying to run away. He looks much better and I am sure he'll feel a difference when there's a nice breeze outside. Hopefully it will be cooler for him, since he loves being outside.

I saw a snake in the backyard today! It was about 2 1/2 feet to 3 feet long. It was a blackish grey snake, so we think it's harmless. When I saw it, there was a bird playing around it and I saw the head sticking up from the grass so I wasn't sure what it was, it looked like a twig sticking up. So I ran up to it and saw that it was a snake. It started slithering away from me and I ran along side (not too close). I stopped, it stopped and then it stuck it's tongue out. I started moving closer to it and it slithered away.

My in-laws are leaving tomorrow for their vacation. They don't have a return date, but they are aiming for a week long vacation.

I have the dinner meals planned out for this week! We bought ingredients for 3 different casseroles, and a frozen pizza. I also plan on making Monkey Munch. I first tried this recipe in high school and only knew it as "puppy chow." But I love Jon & Kate Plus 8 and Kate calls it "monkey munch." So, I am sticking with that name...Monkey Munch. It's cute!


I also bought some clothes on the clearance rack for only $3! I needed some workout clothes and found shorts and tees. I also bought a pajama capri bottom with tinkerbell on it, also on clearance! I am leery about buying clothes from Walmart, because they don't usually last very long, so we'll see. Although, I did have a pair of pajama bottoms I bought from Walmart and they lasted me about 9 or 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment