His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, May 15, 2009

Watermelon and Corn on the Cob

I forgot to mention that Kyle now knows how to eat watermelon and corn on the cob. He takes little bites of corn on the cob. He and I usually end up sharing. My MIL bought watermelon and he loves it! I offered it to himand he refused at first, then I took a few bites and offered it to him again and he loved it! He tends to love fruit or juicy type of fruits. The other night, he wanted more, so Shannon had to cut more pieces for him. He had another slice today.

My MIL and I went shopping. We are trying to find specific products to
make our own laundry detergent. We are having the hardest time finding the Fels-Naptha soap and washing soda! We've checked Ace Hardware, Bi-Lo (grocery store), and Big Kmart. I may just end up buying both online.

While we were gone, Shannon received a call back from one of the jobs I applied for (for him). I love job searching for him and don't mind doing it. These days, since there is so much competition in the job market that I don't expect him to get a call back. Plus, he is on unemployment and about to start college! Anyway, he didn't answer the call because he was watching Kyle at the time. The lady left a message asking him to come in for an interview on Monday at either 12 noon or 3pm, sounds very informal! LOL This job is approximately 2 hours and 40 minutes away. He's going to try calling her back this weekend, if not, he will have to call on Monday. He's planning on going to the interview. This job is for a General Manager position. We're not going to get excited or our hopes up about this job, but this is great job interviewing practice.

My MIL bought Arizona Green Tea and it is so good. I am drinking a lot of it, so I looked on the internet for the recipe and I was able to find it. I think we'll be making a lot of this!


1 comment:

  1. Thanx for sharing the recipe. I love the Arizona Green Tea, but I don't love the high fructose corn syrup. Now I can do it myself, and those who know me, know that is my preference, always. toodles.

    ReplyDelete