His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Otter Pops, School, and more

Since the weather heated up, we've introduced Kyle to ice cream and otter pops. He loves both! Otter Pops remind me of summertime and childhood. Since Kyle likes playing outside, (while it's scorching hot) we try to give him one each day. The end up cooling all of us off!


Shannon starts college next week! Since he signed up, the school calls at least once or twice a week. So far, he's heard from at least 3 different people from the school. His counselor calls most often. He called today wanting him to come in to do some sort of computer thing, which should only "take a few minutes" as he put it. When Shannon told me that, I about flipped and even said to him, "They want you to drive 45 minutes to do something that will only take a few minutes [on the computer]?!?!?! Then the counselor remembered that he isn't "nearby" and said he could do it online.

I can tell Shannon is very excited and I am excited for him. He will be studying a subject he LOVES. I know he will do very well. So far, he says logging in and accessing the forum/online classroom is easy.

We have our second appointment with the bankruptcy attorney in two weeks. We'll probably have my MIL watch Kyle during that time. I think she really liked the last time. Plus, it's easier for us, we won't have to worry about keeping him occupied in an attorney's office! LOL

My workouts have been going well. I have done almost all of the workout videos that come with this program and they are all very challenging. Turbo Jam keeps me motivated and I am always looking forward to working out. It's nice to have a different workout routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment