His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Art of Communication

We only have one cell phone and we only have the cell phone because we qualify as a low income family. We are probably one of the few families left without everyone in our household with a cell phone.

Since I was off Tuesday, I decided to surprise Shannon with Subway after my shift on Monday. So, right after I clocked out, I hurried over to Subway to stand in line. Little did I know, it would take 20 minutes to get out of there. While Shannon was waiting for me, he decided to get McDonald's for the both of us! So, when he came to pick me up, I saw the McDonald's in the car and I showed him the Subway I bought! It was pretty funny that we were thinking the same thing!

Just as we pulled down our street, Shannon made a comment saying, "watch, my parents probably brought food home too." I said, "no way!" Well, my MIL ended up getting frozen pizzas! She went to the grocery store and bought some groceries and was making pizzas!

I guess this is what happens when we don't communicated! But then again, we ALL don't have cell phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment