His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, October 16, 2009

Fuck You, Keith Bardwell

I read a news headline this morning and couldn't believe my eyes. It caught my attention because my husband and I are what you would call an "interracial couple." My husband is white and I am asian. We aren't the type of people to put labels on our life, but we do fit into that category.

Here is the headline I saw: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

After I read this story, I do have to stress the following: FUCK YOU, Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish.

You claim you are NOT a racist, but your words say that you are. The way that you think, say that you are. Stop trying to SAY you aren't something, when your actions speak much louder.

You also state, "[in your] experience that most interracial marriages do not last long." Who said it was your job to determine how long a marriage should last? I've been married for almost 7 years.

The story also says the following, "He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society." It sounds like YOU don't accept offspring of "such relationships," not society. I think our society has accepted mixed race children, YOU are the one stuck in the past. How do you know how the black society feels? Do you suddenly think like "most of black society?"

Here is something I laugh at, "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else." So, do you treat all your friends this way? Deny them a marriage to the person they love? You sound like such a treat...you "let" them use your bathroom? How thoughtful. If you treated them like everyone else, you would let EVERYONE get married, no matter their color.

I just don't understand where you get off telling people who can and cannot marry. Again, FUCK YOU, Keith Bardwell.

2 comments: