His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, October 29, 2009

He's Home

Shannon arrived at the hotel yesterday about 2 hours before his interview. I gave him the cell phone to take with him so I could get ahold of him or vice versa. We were just glad that he got there okay and with plenty of time. I told him to call me after the interview, which he did. The interview was 1 1/2 hours long. He said he was staying overnight at the hotel and the General Manager comped his room, in "hotel speak"that means the room was free. Since Shannon didn't pack an overnight bag, he went shopping and bought a pair of jeans, a shirt, and some new shoes. He needed new shoes anyway!

I tried calling him at the hotel about 2 hours after I spoke to him (after his interview). Since he wasn't answering, I called on the cell phone and he was at the beach! LOL The beach was only 6 miles away! I had to tell him about the two call backs for job interviews he received!

Shannon got home around 1:30 PM. He ended up having breakfast at the hotel and the General Manager came to sit down with him. I thought it was a nice gesture to want to talk to him a little more, although it was on a personal level.

We're both thinking positive and our hopes are already up there! We'll see what happens. The General Manager said he hopes to have a decision by November 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment