His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Blog Conferences

I would love to go to a blog conference, however, they are very expensive.  Most bloggers find sponsors to pay for their trips and in return, they offer advertising, features, etc on their blog and offer to represent their company at the conference. 

Conferences are a great way to meet other bloggers and also network with companies. 

This year, I entered a giveaway to win a ticket to a blog conference, hotel stay and a little spending money.  I figured, it can't hurt to enter.  I also just applied to be a volunteer at another blog conference.  We'll see if I am chosen.  If not, no biggie.  However, if I get chosen to volunteer, I would have to pay for hotel, transportation (airfare) and other expenses (food, etc).  I believe they have meal tickets included as a volunteer but if I wanted to eat outside of the conference. 

I talked to Shannon about attending a blog conference and he is encouraging me to.  I told him that I haven't pursued it in the past because of funding the trip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment