His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, March 4, 2013

Good news and still waiting on other news

I saw someone post a picture of their Salt Lamp on Facebook and it reminded me that I have a salt lamp but haven't been able to use it because the bulb went out.  I went to wipe down my lamp and decided to plug it in another outlet.  As I was trying to remove the stand, the lightbulb turned on!  Now that I know my salt lamp still works, I have it in the living room on our TV stand.  I will bring it back in the bedroom in the evening.  I am hoping it will help us sleep better and clean our air at the same time. 

We still have not heard back from the apartment.  I hope they call soon. 

I received some great news this evening.  I passed my final exam.  I was taking an online course in Medical Administrative Assisting through Career Step.  As an NC resident, our tuition is greatly reduced.  I had until April 30th to complete the course, but I finished and took my exam on March 1st.  I received an email today letting me know I passed.  When I went to check my score, I realized I passed with HONORS!!!! 

I am waiting for the school to let me know how I can receive my certificate of completion and they will also let me know how to go about taking the CMAA test, which means that I will be certified if I pass that test.  Certification means more pay with employers.  I am unsure if I am going to take the test.  If I can take it online, I will definitely look into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment