His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tax Refund and Certification Test

This morning, I checked our account and our State refund was deposited into our account!  

I choose to pay for the certification test online today.  I had to wait until today when there would be more money in our account.  I have to wait until tomorrow to actually try to schedule to take the test.  I want to get the certification test done and over with while the information is fresh in my mind.  In the meantime, I am going over my notes and trying to memorize and recall the questions from the final exam.  The certification test is very similar to the final exam. I definitely want to get certified so that I can add that to my resume and it's something to fall back on if we ever need it.  

I am also interested in taking a Medical Assisting course.  There is a school that offers a program, which can be completed in less than a year.  I may look into it more after we move since the apartment complex has a bus line right there! 

We still need to give a 60 day notice with our current apartment complex.  Shannon has been busy working.  I need him to write up a notice so I can turn it in.  But first, we need to figure out when we're moving... 

My in-laws called this afternoon just before Shannon had to get ready for work.  They asked if we were approved and based on what we were told, it looks like we will be.  They said they are going to apply too and get that process going.  I am surprised they don't want to see the property and the inside of the apartments.  They said they drove through the complex two years ago, but I don't think they've seen the inside of the apartments.  Maybe they are just really needing to move and want to save on rent.  Plus, they will be VERY close to us!  I am honestly surprised they are moving back here because they were very happy living near the beach (literally 10-15 minutes away). 

They also asked us if we wanted their artificial Christmas Tree and Shannon said we do.  I had mentioned to Shannon months ago that I would like to have an artificial tree so that we can decorate it.  It would be so pretty to have one!  In all the years we've been together, we've never had a tree at Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment