His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, June 25, 2009

3 year checkup

Kyle had his 3 year checkup today! His appointment went okay, he was really nervous and did not like being around the doctor and nurse. He knew it wasn't a familiar place. He weighs 32 lbs and 6 ounces and is 37 1/2 inches tall.

I asked about speech therapy. They called a place to get us a referral, however, nobody answered so she left a message and she will call us back with more info. Since I mentioned my concerns about Kyle not talking, they had me fill out a "check list" for 3 year olds. Kyle couldn't do (at least) 95% of the things listed on the list! For instance: Can you child point to his nose, mouth, eyes, etc? Can your child point to a picture in a book and say what it is?

I wanted to go to McDonald's after his appointment, so that Kyle could play in the indoor play area where he can climb and jump and get his energy out! Shannon, instead wanted to go through the drive thru. I told him that wasn't my reasoning for going to McDonald's. He just didn't get it! So I told him, forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment