His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, June 5, 2009

Looking for work


I applied for 3 different retail jobs yesterday and also applied for 2 jobs with McDonald's! I don't mind working in either retail or fast food. We're going to get the Sunday paper as well and look for jobs that way. I also search everyday on a few different job sites.

Shannon's unemployment issues are still up in the air. His hearing was yesterday (over the phone) and we still don't know the ruling. If it doesn't go in his favor, he will have to appeal. Of course, we are both worried about what will happen and hope he can keep his unemployment. In the meantime, I am still job searching for Shannon and applying for many!

In other news, Shannon is doing very well in school. I asked him if he knew his grade so far, he said he has a 4.0!!! He's already halfway through this class. He's aiming to get a 4.0 throughout college, so hopefully he can get a full ride scholarship to law school!

Kyle is doing good. His sleep schedule seems to be getting into a routine. He's falling asleep between 7:30 PM and 8:30 PM, which is a HUGE improvement from before. He used to fall asleep around 9:30 PM or later!

Kyle is on Medicaid and I am waiting for the list of doctors to arrive in the mail. Once I get that information, I will be calling around to set up an appointment and inquire about speech therapy. I want to be able to hear my son's voice, from what I have heard, it's really cute!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck withe Job hunting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on my pillows. I am having fun making them. But not going to sell them. LOL For the cakes I just use store brought cake mix but I can shape them in different characters and things. I enjoying making cakes. I have been making cakes every since I was about 17

    ReplyDelete