His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

The cable is still out. They are sending a technician out tomorrow! I am still waiting for my laptop battery and cord to arrive. Shannon used "overnight shipping" and somehow we think that's a scam.

Last night I took the time to read to Kyle. I was able to read the entire book to him without him trying to turn the page before I was done reading. Then, right before bedtime, he handed me the same book and I read it to him again. After that, I told him it was bedtime. I hope we can get him more books soon.

I also want to make flashcards of the alphabet. One side will be the letter and the other side will have a simple word. Shannon said we should just buy a set of flashcards! LOL I don't mind either way. I want to get Kyle some DVDs by Leapfrog that teach the alphabet and simple words. I'll see how the flashcards work.

I plan on calling a pediatrician on Monday to make an appointment for Kyle! Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to get him in to see a doctor. Shannon is finally on board to apply for WIC (which we automatically qualify for). Now it's just a matter of getting him to take us to the office to sign up!

I applied for a few jobs through craigslist for Shannon. I am always cautious when using that site.

1 comment:

  1. I make my own flash cards for my kids. I do a search on the net printable ABC flash cards. There are so many sites out there.

    ReplyDelete