His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Surprise call back

Shannon received a call back for a management position in St. Louis, MO. I couldn't find the job ad on either of the websites that I use to search for jobs. However, there was a manager who did email Shannon about a week and a half ago from a position I had applied for through careerbuilder. I replied back [as Shannon] answering his questions that he had, such as pay, relocation, etc. Finally, a few days passed and I emailed him again letting him know that if he hadn't filled the position to call for an interview. So I believe this is the position they are looking to hire for, the lady did say that there are two positions open! Shannon has an interview tomorrow afternoon!! I am excited, Shannon is taking this in stride, he says he's been through plenty of interviews. He's learned not to get his hopes up. I am happy that he did get a call back, which doesn't happen as often, especially in this economy. The company that called today is a really good company, they offer bonuses and other job ads want experience from this company. Shannon has interviewed for this company before (for another location). The lady even told him to "prepare to move" but ended up not hiring him... she was an odd one anyway.

I am surprised that Shannon decided to call this lady back to set up the interview. Last time he received a call back, he ended up not calling them back. His parents said it wasn't a good area to move to, which seemed to convince him not to go for an interview. This time around, they aren't saying anything. I know they are struggling to pay their bills. It would be good for us to move out and get our own place anyway. Plus, we don't know if we're going to keep his unemployment or not, so he needs to start looking forward.

My in-laws are currently talking with someone who is offering to refinance them in 72 hours! My FIL is giving us all the details as to what they guy is saying and Shannon and I are both saying SCAM! There are a few other clues that point to this guy being a fraud, so we're just letting them know what we think. Shannon is going to look this guy up and the "company" he works for to see if he can find anything on the subject for his parents.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck withe the job interview. I hope that it works out for Shannon. These mortage companies these days you definately have to watch out for them. They are so many fraud ones.

    ReplyDelete