His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, July 4, 2010

My First Day!

Yesterday was my first day at my new job at Sears!  I definitely liked the short shift of 4 hours that I had.  Right now, I am doing computer training.  I had to sign a few more documents as well.  I was also given a temporary discount card to use until I receive my discount card in the mail.  They scheduled me for two more days for training and both days are only 4 hour shifts!

After I was off, I went over to JC Penney's to look for more clothes for work and was disappointed because I couldn't find anything that I liked.  As for pants, size 6 was way too big and size 4 was too snug!  Maybe that means I have to go into the junior sizes, instead of the misses/ladies section.  As for the tops, the ones I tried on were too thin and see through!  I also went to Belk, which is another department store in the mall and I didn't see anything that I liked.  I think I will have better luck at Walmart, I like the prices and variety.  Otherwise, I will shop at Sears for clothes since I get a discount.  I also realized that wearing white and black tops are not my colors!  LOL 

While I was at work, Shannon moved our bed to the middle room which was Kyle's playroom and/or our "living room."  It's a bigger room and it also has a television.  I used this room to workout while Kyle used the computer to play his games.  Kyle even helped Shannon push the mattresses over to this room.  I think he loved helping!

When Shannon dropped me off of work yesterday, he said that Kyle started crying a little bit and saying "momma momma" over and over again when they got home.  When he opened the car door for Kyle to get out, Kyle started walking down the driveway and Shannon had to direct him into the house!  That's when he started crying and saying "momma momma" over and over.  When I saw them parked in the parking lot to pick me up, I waved to them and as I got closer to the car, I saw the biggest smile on Kyle's face!  He was sitting on his daddy's lap in the front seat and he was getting up to go into the back seat.  He just froze and smiled at me!  When I got up to the car, I just waved at him and he kept smiling at me. 

I am still not too thrilled with the pay, but it's better than nothing at all.  I definitely like having a discount card to use.  I will have to figure out Kyle's clothes sizes because Sears sizes stop at 4T and Kyle would fit into 5T.  I guess that means I have to shop in the boys section, instead of the toddler boys section for him. The boys clothes would be too big for him.  There is a clearance section of boys clothes that are marked at 40% off plus with my discount there would be additional percentage off.  I could stock up but I don't think we have the room for it at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment