His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Yesterday was a bad day

Yesterday was a bad day at work for me.  I am still in training and learning everything.  The person training me always has something to say when I am doing something "wrong" or if it's "not allowed" and points it out to me.  One thing she pointed out to me is that we're not allowed to wear sneakers, which I was NOT told this information.  I had been wearing my black Reebok sneakers since I started working there and yesterday I decided to wear my white Skechers.  She likes to point out that "other cashiers will tell on you and you will get in trouble."  I am tired of that crap!  I don't like working at a place where I have to watch my back around my co-workers because they are going to stab me in the back.  There is also a lot of drama between some of the cashiers and I want to stay out of that.  There is a lot of gossip that I am not fond of.  I am always telling Shannon about everything that I hated about my job and thankfully he understood what I was saying. 

I was so ready to quit yesterday and even thought about calling my old job to see if they were still hiring.  I have been told by a few my co-workers there that they are still hiring.  A few of them even told me to call and ask for the department manager!  When I got home from work yesterday I called, and talked to one of the customer service managers and she said she wasn't sure if they are still hiring but to talk to personnel.  I called again and talked to personnel and told her my name and that I used to work there as a cashier.  I don't think it "clicked" with her who I was, and she gave me the usual "your application is good for 60 days."  I was a little disappointed that I didn't get anywhere with my calls to my former job.  I decided to just wait and see if they would call me, eventually!

Since working at Sears, I have realized how "spoiled" I was.  I was guaranteed my breaks at Walmart.  At Sears, I may not get my 15 minute break because there is no coverage.  At Walmart, there are other cashiers around that I can ask questions/help from.  At Sears, I have to call a cashier on the other side of the store to help. 

This morning, I wanted to "try" to have a better day so I worked out before I got ready for work.  It felt good to let out my aggression and sweat it out!  My workout seemed to give me some positive energy and I was in a better mood. 

Today, I splurged and bought myself two new pairs of shoes, that I could wear at work or not.  They are really cute and they remind me of ballerina shoes. I bought them in black and brown, that way I can wear them with black or khaki pants!  They were on sale, plus I got my employee discount. 


No comments:

Post a Comment