His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Highlights and Haircut!

I worked yesterday from 1pm to 5pm.  After work, I went to the salon within the mall to get my haircut and highlighted.  Since I work in the mall, I got a 20% discount on my haircut and highlights!  I really needed a haircut since it's been almost 8 months since my last haircut.  I was going to wait a few weeks to get my haircut but decided to do it now since my work schedule is so crazy!  I am not looking forward to next week's schedule.  I am only working one night and the rest I am working the morning shift and off by 4pm or 4:30pm.  I hope I have less hours in the coming weeks. 
 
Work is going okay.  I am understanding how to do a lot of the different transactions but will still need help here and there.  Working in a department store is completely different from working at Walmart.  We are able to do returns and exchanges at the register, unlike at Walmart, you have to go to a separate area.  I don't "like or enjoy" the job, but it's a job for now.  In a way, I miss working in Walmart since we always shop there and I already know the store. 

I am off of work today, taking it easy and just relaxing.  My next day off isn't until Friday!  UGH!  I hate split days off and working in retail.  I miss working in hotels, they actually give you two days off in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment