His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, July 9, 2010

Next Week's Schedule

The new schedule for next week was posted.  I am disappointed because I was under the impression that I was part time and I would be working 2 to 3 days a week.  Instead, I am working 5 days next week with a total of about 27.52 hours!  Three of those days are full 7-8 hour days!  Although, I am hoping it's just a "fluke" because my department manager is on vacation next week and 2 cashiers are quitting (I was hired to cover one of them).  I think they hired another cashier already, but I am not too sure. 

I am worried about working alone, but I will have a back up person to help.  This place is not like Walmart where I would have other cashiers around to ask for help.  They have one person covering each "cashwrap," which is where you can checkout.  Each cashwrap has 4 registers. 

I think I am learning everything that I can learn on the job, but there will still be instances where I will need help.  Everyone seems really nice.

I am optimistic about the County job that I applied for.  I am hoping to get called for an interview. 

I received a response from another company that offers speech therapy and occupational therapy.  They are in the next town, so it's not too far.  They want us to call to set up an evaluation for Kyle.  I am thinking of having Shannon call to set up an appointment since I will be working so much next week.  I also have to call the Social Security office to apply for SSI for Kyle, but I may have to have Shannon do that as well.  It's that time for us to re-new our Medicaid for Kyle and I am unsure if we will qualify.  Thanks to the big chunk we received from Uncle Sam from our tax return, we may have too much in our bank account to qualify.  However, when I return the forms with our bank statements, I will include a note stating where the money came from with proof from the deposit.  I am unsure if our tax returns will count against us in this case.  If we lose Medicaid, I am hoping we get approved for SSI for Kyle because that money will be used to pay for his speech and occupational therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment