His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Slow Day

Today I worked 9:30am until 2pm.  It was a slow day and time seemed to go by so slow.  I hate the job!  I miss Walmart because it was usually busy and that made the time go by fast. 

We ended up not going to Walmart after I got off of work.  We are going to wait until my next day off, which is Friday to go. 

Shannon's unemployment hasn't been renewed yet.  Meanwhile, we are going to be "surviving" on my pitiful minimum wage paycheck.  I really think unemployment needs to be changed to encourage the unemployed to go out and get jobs!  I don't know if more incentives need to be offered to employers to hire those who are current unemployed or incentives need to be offered to colleges to encourage people to go back to school.  Something needs to change!  I already know that the people on unemployment are turning down job offers if it pays too low.  Why get a job when you can make more on unemployment? 

On Friday, I plan on doing some catch up.  I need to call the company that offers Speech & Occupational Therapy and set up an evaluation for Kyle.  I really want him to get into this therapy that can help him learn and thrive.  He is really trying to "talk" and communicate.  He knows how to say "no" and even uses it occasionally.  Other times, he likes saying "no no no" in a sing song voice.  I also plan on filling out the application to apply for food stamps!  We miss being on food stamps and that really helps us financially.  We are now waiting to see if Kyle will remain on Medicaid.  This time, I also applied to add Shannon and myself on it. 

So much to do, and so little time, especially with having to work so much.  I can't rely on Shannon to make the phone call or fill out paperwork because he will always make up an excuse or take 8 weeks to finally get to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment