His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I got lost at Walmart!

Today was Kyle's Occupational Therapy evaluation!  It lasted about 2 hours!  The first hour or so was for the therapist to ask Shannon and I about Kyle and going through the survey we filled out.  Meanwhile, Kyle had a chance to play in the room!  It was a nice size room with a padded floor (like you would see at a gymnastics studio).  It also had big plastic balls, cardboard bricks and all kinds of things to build with.  It also had a soft swing that Kyle was playing with.  He was pushing it so it would swing back and forth.  He would push it to make it swing and then duck so that he would swing over his body and head!  He loved running around the room and play with the swing. He had so much energy too!

The last 45 minutes was for the therapist to do some "standardized" tests to see where he was at with motor skills so that she could set some goals to work on with him for future therapy.  Shannon and I decided to leave property and ended up going to Walmart.  We had Subway and then I went shopping and bought Hanes underwear, slippers, and liquid plumbr. I ended up getting lost in Walmart because it had a different layout!  It was a beautiful store, but I had to ask where something was! 

Next week is Kyle's Speech Therapy evaluation at the same location!  Once that is done, we'll set up weekly therapy sessions one day a week.  They are going to schedule his Occupational and Speech Therapy back-to-back so that we don't have to go there twice a week.  I am really excited for him to have Occupational and Speech Therapy.  I look forward to seeing him improve and hopefully start talking more with us!  I would love to be able to communicate with him.  I am so glad that this therapy is covered by Medicaid too.  We're still waiting to hear whether or not Shannon and I will be covered with Medicaid too.  

I also mailed in our application for food stamps yesterday.  That whole application process will take about a month to be approved or not! 

Yesterday, I received a surprise in the mail.  Somehow I am on Marlboro's mailing list and I don't even smoke.  They sent me a metal water bottle thing.  It's really nice and a nice color of red!  It was funny that I got this because I thought about buying one from GNC because they had some on display on their "clearance" table. It looks like the one below without the keychain clip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment