His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Spa recipes at home

I was browsing around the Sephora website and saw "brown sugar body polish" for $65 and thought that it was a ridiculous price to pay for something that you could make at home.  Today, I also saw a local news story about "making your own spa products at home."  You can also view the video below.



I decided to look up recipes on how to make "brown sugar body polish" at home.  After finding several different recipes, it's pretty much the same ingredients as the sugar scrub recipe that I have.  Since I don't have brown sugar on hand, I used white sugar and mixed it with olive oil, honey, and coconut oil.  These type of homemade spa recipes are customizable and you can add whatever you prefer, which is what I like about them.  I can't afford to go to a spa, but I can find these ingredients at the grocery store!   The recipe was easy to put together and I used it after I showered and rinsed it off when I was done.

This evening, I made spaghetti!  I haven't made spaghetti since 2005, right before the time we found out we were pregnant with Kyle.  Anyway, I used one package of whole wheat store brand noodles, Prego spaghetti sauce, and added a can of corn!  It was so easy and everyone loved it.  Shannon ate at least half of it.  Kyle loved it because he loves noodles.  He looked like a vampire while he was eating, the sauce was all over his lips, cheeks, and chin.  I wish I had bought more spaghetti noodles now.  I did buy other types of noodles and have a little spaghetti sauce left, but I also bought alfredo sauce.  I am not sure if Kyle will like the other noodles or just spaghetti noodles.  I was going to offer some to my in-laws but wasn't sure if it would be up to their standards of "organic, all natural, Oprah-approved, Dr. Oz approved, upper class, etc."  But I don't have to worry about that because there's only a tiny bit left that Kyle can eat tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment