His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween and Happy November

Yesterday was Halloween! It rained all day and evening! The rain didn't stop the kids, we saw some parents drive their kids down each street! We didn't hand out any candy, my in-laws decided long ago not to since their dog goes bonkers every time the door bell rings or he sees someone coming up to the door. Like last year, my in-laws ended up going out to see a movie. Last night they went to see Couples Retreat. When they got back, they said it was the "worst movie [they] have ever seen." I guess the only "funny" parts were in the trailer. I don't like Vince Vaughn nor would I care to see his movies, he's not that funny.



Instead of handing out candy or going out, we ordered Chinese food and enjoyed it at home. Shannon came home with a heavy bag of food, he kept saying I ordered too much. I wasn't sure what sizes to get, so I got the bigger of the two sizes they offered. Plus, leftovers aren't so bad!

I can't believe it's November already. Shannon's birthday is in 14 days. We're thinking about getting him a vanilla ice cream cake, probably from Baskin Robbins.

Today I watched two movies. The first was Mr. & Mrs. Smith with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. It was pretty good. I also saw Premonition with Sandra Bullock. I remember seeing the trailer for it a few years ago and wanting to see it. It reminded me of the movie The Butterfly Effect because it kept switching to the past and the present.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Yes it is folded. When it is open it is a good side child blanket :)

    ReplyDelete