His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, November 2, 2009

4 Stores Before Work

My MIL and I went shopping before I had to go to work tonight. She wanted to take me to a place called Shoe Rack Room. It's a discount shoe store. I found 2 pairs of shoes that I liked but when I put them on, they felt really tight around my toes, like they were too small for me. I even tried a half of a size smaller and it was the same feel. I am not sure if it was the shoes or me. It was two different NAME brands too. I ended up not getting them because the store had a "no returns" policy.

In the same shopping center, they also had a store called JR Cigar. In addition to cigars and cigarretes, they also had toys, perfumes, lotions, towels, etc. It was a knick knack place, plus a discount store all in one. They had so much to look at. We didn't buy anything there. Then we went into Dollar General, which is like a Dollar Tree but not everything is a dollar. Dollar General also carries NAME brand products or at least product brands you have heard of. I ended up getting two makeup brushes by e.l.f. (for $1 each), which is a really good brand. I bought an eye shadow brush and an all over makeup brush.




I also bought a pack of 10 black pens. I needed new pens for work as well as writing letters. The pens were only $2!

Then we went to the grocery store, called Food Lion. My MIL needed a few things and I also picked up soy milk, milk for Kyle, and bread! While we were there, I saw a display of candles by Nature's Finest, they are made of palm wax oil! I love palm wax oil candles because they have a crystallized appearance! Plus they are just as good as soy wax candles! It's good to know that we can get these candles at a nearby store. We didn't buy any since we still have our soy candles that we bought a few months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment