His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Feeling Better

I was off yesterday and spent it relaxing! I treated myself to a homemade facial using green tea leaves, honey, and rice bran powder! I can't wait to do that again for myself.

Kyle spent most of the day outside playing. I also spent a little bit of time outside with him.

I decided to stop taking the over the counter cold medicine and I felt better, still sick without the foggy feeling. I am feeling much better today! I am just glad I didn't have to call in this time.

I have a full work day today of 8 1/2 hours! This week is the most hours I have ever had since I started, I have 33 hours! I do have to work Thanksgiving and the day after, which I don't mind. I do have to work a full day on Thanksgiving and I don't have to work til the afternoon the day after. By the time I get to work on Friday, the morning sales and craziness will be over!

I have a few loads of laundry to do, but I am going to have Shannon do that for me. Since he's home, he has the time.

I was also chosen as the Cashier of the Month by my managers!! It was quite a surprise! They took my picture and it is now hanging in the employee area across from the break room, plus they gave me a $10 gift card from Walmart!

Around Christmas, Walmart offers a little special for employees. This year, they are giving us a discount on regular food products too. Normally, we get a discount on general merchandise and fresh vegetables and fruits. But during the holidays, we get a discount on the entire store!

1 comment: