His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, November 30, 2009

Preschool News and Work Clothes

Shannon shaved Kyle's head today! He looks adorable! Immediately after, I gave Kyle a bath since there was hair everywhere! Kyle went nuts because he's scared of the noise of the razor. By the time he got in the bath, he was fine.

We had a meeting at the main offices for the local school district for Kyle today. The whole meeting lasted 1 hour. This was the final meeting to discuss whether or not Kyle would qualify for special education and discuss what they (the school psychologist, speech therapist, audiologist, and preschool teachers) came up with. In this meeting, it was just the preschool teachers. They discussed the entire report written by everyone above and it was determined that Kyle qualifies for special education with the school district! They already have a school and class picked out for him. He would attend from 7 AM til 2 PM for 3 days a week and have speech therapy for 2 (of the 3) days a week! They also asked if we wanted Kyle to be picked up by a school bus. My 3 (almost 4) year old...on a school bus!? Shannon and I opted to take Kyle to school for now. I am also going to put in to have my availability at work changed. I don't even know if it would be approved or not, but it doesn't hurt to put in for it. Kyle's preschool teacher will call us, otherwise we can call her to set up the days for Kyle to come in. This particular class has about 6 kids, but they all don't attend everyday. So the days we choose, there may be less kids there. This class has a teacher and a teacher's aide.

The two pairs of jeans that I bought from Walmart on Black Friday fit much better after I washed them! I am so glad that they fit me! Before they were washed, they were really big on me. I decided to keep them because they were only $9 and plus they hadn't been washed yet.

I received my order from JC Penney's!! I ordered black Reebok shoes, dark brown corduroy pants, and a zip hoodie for work. They all fit really well! The shoes seem comfortable, I haven't tried them on with my WalkFit insoles yet. Surprisingly, the pants fit around the waist. I never know what my sizes are anymore. I bought corduroy because I have always wanted a pair to wear for work. I haven't had a pair of corduroy pants in several years. Hopefully after a wash, they will fit better! My hoodie fits just perfect too, really soft. It's starting to get cold at work so it will be nice to have something to keep me warm. I am trying to pull away from buying my clothes at Walmart as much as I can since clothes from there don't seem to last me that long. All of my work pants are from Walmart and they are labeled a size 4 and they literally feel like a size 10 because they are so big on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment