His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

I had to work both Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I had to work all day on Thanksgiving and was off by 7 PM. We weren't too busy, but steady for most of the day. We did slow down by the end of my shift. I did have a little to eat at home. At work, they had chicken strips, potato salad, and potato wedges for the employees, which was really nice of them.

Yesterday was Black Friday and we were still busy by the time I got there for my shift. They had me in the Garden Center with another cashier. It was pretty fun working so close to another cashier that I could talk to! We just helped each other out whenever we could. We were pretty busy at times! Since I wasn't up at 5 AM shopping to see all the deals and specials, I saw what other customers were buying and that gave me ideas of what I could get. We had DVDs for $2 and $9. I also saw people buying pajama sets, jeans and t-shirt sets for men and women!

Shannon and I needed to get groceries so he met me after my shift. Kyle was so well behaved in the store. He didn't make a peep, he just looked around at everything. Shannon looked around a bit in the electronics section and I went to look at what was left of the DVDs and clothing sets on sale. I found 2 pairs of jeans and t-shirt sets for Shannon and myself and they were only $9 each! The brands were also ones that I have heard of: Jordache, l.e.i. and Wranglers for Shannon's jeans. I was surprised to find our sizes still available, especially after an entire day of shoppers going through the store!

We did a mini-grocery trip this time around. We only needed a few things. At the checkout, I used my discount card and we ended up saving over $12, it's great being able to save 10% on EVERYTHING in the store. The other employees also love the discount during the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment