His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, March 15, 2009

This weekend

This has been a nice quiet weekend. We've stayed indoors because it's been raining here and there and it's all wet and cold outside. Thankfully Kyle is okay with being indoors.

I belong to a website where they offer "bucks" for using their search engine. I have earned enough to redeem for prizes. I have chosen to redeem them for amazon gift cards. I was looking at the amazon website and found that they sell live houseplants! I was in heaven. I really want to buy a new plant! I am trying to distract myself with my current plants for now. I was thinking of buying a book or two. I want to read Watchmen and even considered getting the Twilight books. Instead, I am going to get some homeopathic medicine for my asthma. My allergies to the cat are doing good since I am taking homepathic medicine for that. But my asthma is really flaring up.

Just this weekend, Shannon has received 2 call backs for phone interviews. He has a phone interview on Monday for a manager position in Vermont. Then he received another call from a manager position in Louisiana. They are going to call him back on Monday to set up a phone interview. We have also decided to narrow our search and stick to only a few surrounding states. Plus, he is only looking for a certain pay range, if it's lower than that, he won't consider it.

My job is going well. There is still a little drama/gossip/rumors/horrible talk about the pay rate change. I won't go into details of what was being said, but it was hard NOT to read what was being posted online about it. I didn't respond to what was being posted, but it sure was crazy! I have only been with this company for a short time, and I don't want to ruin a good thing. This company has been good to me so far. I am just thankful to have a job that pays each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment