His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, March 13, 2009

Catch Up

We just got back online a few hours ago. Our internet was out all day yesterday. I've been catching up on emails and everything else that I do online. I haven't been able to work since yesterday morning. We have internet on one computer. I am not on my computer so I don't have my bookmarks or settings that I am used to. Even the keyboard is throwing me off.

Our tax refund is being transferred into our bank account! The first time in since we've been married. We plan on getting the car fixed with the money.

Shannon also applied for unemployment. All he had to do was call in to file it. Now all he has to do is call in once a week and apply for at least 2 jobs a week. Piece of cake!

My mother-in-law has offered me some clothes that she is getting rid of. So far, I have gotten several tops (long and short sleeve) and a new bra! This is great since I had to get rid of most of my clothes!

Shannon has a phone interview in about an hour for a position with a hotel in New York! We're trying not to get our hopes up, especially after a roller coaster of emotions when he does get a call back. In the meantime, we are still looking.

We're looking at making our own laundry detergent. My mother-in-law got the idea from the Duggar family (the one with 18 kids) show. I looked up the recipes online and we just need to print them out. It only takes 3 ingredients. Mrs. Duggar said it only costs her $4 per month to do laundry, and they have 20 people in their family!!!

Shannon is still researching colleges. He found University of Phoenix, which he can attend online. He also found a local law school and all you need is a BS or BA to attend. He wants to get his BS/BA from University of Phoenix. He still needs to research the colleges more on costs, etc. With our internet being down yesterday, it really through us off. We couldn't do any research, check emails, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment