His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Thursday, August 13, 2009

9 Hours at Work

Yesterday was my day off from work. I actually got bored at home! I actually dislike these split days off, it's something that I am not accustomed to, especially after working in the hotel business for so long. I don't remember if I had split days off when I worked in retail about 10-11 years ago. I also don't like that fact that I am working full time hours. These long days are tiring. Thankfully I don't miss my husband and son too much.

This morning, Kyle was acting unusually mellow. He looked as if he was ready to go back to bed, he just seemed tired. We weren't sure if he was coming down with something, so he stayed home while Shannon dropped me off at work. Shannon also bought some children's tylenol, just in case.

Today I was scheduled for 9 hours with an hour lunch. I spent almost the entire shift on the floor. I was able to finish my computer training. Then I had to work the rest of my shift on the register. I pretty much worked about 4 or 5 hours on the register with another cashier helping me. When it was time for me to go home, I realized that my lower back was hurting! I am sore and exhausted! I have to work the same shift and hours tomorrow! UGH!

I haven't had the chance to buy a few more things to start bringing my lunch. I guess I'll just make a sandwich and bring a granola bar or two until we go shopping again. By the time it's time to go home, I just want to go home, not go shop!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! That is alot of hours being a part time worker. I guess that your first pay check will look really good. My kids do help me around the house. I started them doing little chores such as cleaning up their room and empty out their own trash cans in the room when they were about 2 1/2 years old. Now they are alittle older now they have 2 chores each between them. I don't give them allowance for doing their chores but I give them that option to be able to do their own thing after they are finish. We are starting to do a review chart for them weekly so they can see how they are doing and what they are doing. We are using the chart by doing pictures since they have speech and language delays. But I see how that works for them.

    ReplyDelete