His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, August 10, 2009

Great Monday!

Today was my first day of work at Walmart! We had orientation all day. There were only 4 of us, 3 of them were guys, I was the only female (besides the trainer). We have orientation all day tomorrow as well.

I learned a lot about Walmart. I won't be eligible for benefits until I have been there 1 year, only because I am part time. I do have the option for discounted health benefits, but I don't think I will be getting that. I also don't have access to the employee discount until after 90 days, they will send me my discount card in the mail.

I ended up having Subway for lunch, since there is one right in the store. It was nice because I got a little discount, so the $5 meal combo was exactly $5! Once I get established and out of orientation/training, I will look into bringing in my own lunch to work.

I tried going back to work full time when Kyle was about 7 or 8 months old and this time around, I didn't worry about Kyle as much! This time around, I thought about him and missed him, but I wasn't worried. This time, he wasn't at a daycare being watched by strangers, he was at home with his daddy and Grandma. Plus he is older and can feed himself. I am not worried about Shannon giving him junk food all day, because I have reminded him over and over. LOL

Shannon got some really good news today! He won his case, which means he's back on unemployment and hopefully he can get the extended benefits. The panel of judges ruled fully in his favor!

Our car was successfully towed to Tire Kingdom. Shannon talked to one of the guys there about the car and they remembered the part for the gas flap door. They also stated it was the battery that was dead, but we just bought a brand new battery FROM THEM in June! Shannon thinks it may be the alternator that isn't working correctly which could affect the battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment