His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Monday, August 24, 2009

My Odd Day

Today I had to work at one of the two registers where customers can buy cigarettes and chewing tobacco. As a non-smoker, I have no idea what the difference is of cigarettes, nor am I familiar with the brands or types. Whenever a customer asked for certain cigarettes or chewing tobacco, I asked them what color it was and where it was located. LOL Luckily they were all understanding. I made light of my "not knowing" the differences of cigarettes. Whenever they did ask for a certain cigarette, I literally heard, "blah blah blah." Then I would ask them what color was it!

I made it pretty clear (in a friendly and joking way) that I do not like working in that area! One of the managers moved me to another register for the last hour of my shift since it was getting busy and backed up! She's a smoker and she knew I didn't smoke. So I was thankful for that.

I had Subway for lunch! It was good. I ended up buying some envelopes and batteries on my lunch break. I now have a working portable fan that I can bring to work!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like working at Walmart is going very well for you.

    ReplyDelete