His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tax Free Weekend

Our State is one of the states offering a "tax free weekend" on certain items, such as clothing, school supplies and some electronics. I was able to get 2 pairs of pants (one khaki and one light brown) and 2 [different shades of] blue shirts for work, without being charged taxes! I am only starting our with 2 of each for now. I want to wait until I receive a check or two before I worry about expanding my wardrobe.

We also bought groceries! I used our one of our WIC coupons to get a few things. Walmart was pretty busy, especially with all the moms and kids shopping for school supplies.

Shannon has a busy day tomorrow. The car is being towed to Tire Kingdom between 2 PM and 2:30 PM by our insurance company. The tow is covered by our insurance, which a bit of a relief. He also needs to call Medicaid to find out if Kyle is still covered in our county. We received a notice stating he was no longer covered in our previous county. I don't remember receiving a new Medicaid card for this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment