His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Job Interview!

I am so excited! I received a call from Walmart. I have an interview next week for a part time position as a cashier!!! Yes, it's only part time, but at least its a paying job! As I recall, Walmart was not the best employer, at least it wasn't 9 or 10 years ago when I worked there. But it doesn't bother me, as long as the follow the laws, I am fine. If I am unsure of something they are doing, I will run it by Shannon, he loves looking up laws and translating them for me. Walmart is a Fortune 500 company, it's here to stay and just about everyone shops there nowadays. With the economy the way it is, there seems to be job security there since you can buy just about anything and everything you need there.

I haven't really worked since becoming a Mom. I did work for a few days when Kyle was around 7 or 8 months and that was really hard for me because I was so attached and bonded to him. Back then, I didn't like being apart from him, he was and still is my whole world. Now that he's older, and he has a Daddy that actually wants to spend time with him, I won't have to worry.

My dress shoes are still packed away. Thankfully, I have some "interview appropriate" clothes that aren't packed away.

2 comments: