His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lazy Sunday

We spent today just relaxing and spending time as a family. I did a few loads of laundry today. I also had to find my dress shoes and also found more of my dress pants, which needed to be washed. I am just glad I have everything ready and washed. I already figured out what I am going to wear for my interview.

Disney's Cars was on TV today, so I turned it on for Kyle. The second he heard it, he ran over and started watching it. Shannon and I ended up watching it too since it had been awhile since we've seen it. It's a cute movie!

It's been a lazy day for all of us. I hope to get back into swing of things tomorrow.

I think I may have found what developmental delay Kyle may have. I am not sure, but Shannon and I are talking about it more and more and trying to figure it all out. Although, I should say that he has not been officially diagnosed by a doctor, nor have we received word from his speech therapist regarding her observations and test results. The other day, I was looking at getting a Leap Frog DVD for Kyle. One of the customer comments lead me to research a certain developmental delay. I looked up the symptoms and they sound a lot like Kyle. Soon after, I read them out loud to Shannon to see if he noticed them too. Since then, I have been reading more about it. With this certain disorder, most parents don't notice a problem until their child isn't progressing as other children are. This disorder is usually diagnosed around the age of 3. This is the first site that I found that was very informative. I found this second site that has a lot of great information. As I read through these sites, I realized that the questions the speech therapist was asking us were for her to make a general conclusion to a certain disorder/delay.

I hope to get the Leap Frog DVD very soon! As soon as I receive the amazon gift card from one of my websites that I use, I will get it! The DVD teaches the alphabet in a fun animated movie, they have catchy songs for each letter. The customer comments were positive and the kids really enjoyed watching it over and over. Kyle loves music and songs, so I hope he will like this DVD.

2 comments:

  1. It have been a lazy Sunday for us too. Hopefully you find out what delays that Kyle has so you know what services you can get for him. Just knowing their delays whatever school that he attend that information will help them to know how to work with Kyle. If you ever need to talk to be about delays. Let me know. My kids have devlopement delay ADHD, learning disabilty, speech and language.

    Talk to you later

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope to find out soon! :) We just want to get him any kind of help we can.

    I will definitely be contacting you for more help/info! :)

    ReplyDelete