His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday

Yesterday was my day off. I had a chance to relax and even take a nap in the afternoon. I did some cleaning and a few loads of laundry.

Shannon did a load of laundry for me today as well. I had an 8 hour day with an hour lunch. I have a 9 hour day tomorrow that I am not looking forward to it. Although, I am glad that I have 3 days off this week. As for pain, I am still feeling it after working so long. I did find that if I take an ibuprofen before work, I don't feel as much pain after work. Sad, but true!

I had to buy some things after work today. I needed more snack foods for my lunches that I bring to work. I also bought a few other things. I still don't have a lunch bag, many people use an insulated lunch tote. I haven't found one that I like. They has some out for "back to school" but they all have kiddie stuff on them.

Kyle's leap frog DVD arrived today! I've been playing it for him ever since I got home. I didn't pay a dime for this DVD, since I had enough amazon gift cards to get it. It was well worth it. He seems to like it. We don't have a DVD player, so I've been playing it on my laptop.

Kyle also has some new toys from his Grandma. This past week, she bought some race cars and a little race track and today Kyle had some new toy trucks.

As for his speech therapy, it's on hold for now. It turns out we have to reapply for Medicaid! UGH! Medicaid is also changing their policies that all applicants must submit a birth certificate, which is good I guess. I am confused with the application process because she included an application plus a big packet of other papers to fill out. So I may have Shannon go in with the paper to apply. In the meantime, Kyle's speech therapist called yesterday and gave me a number to a preschool with the school distract to get him a full evaluation. She said to keep on them because they get many referrals. His speech therapist also said she would call again and go over her report with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment