His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Interview for Walmart

I had my interview with Walmart today. I had to wait 15 minutes before they called me in, they did apologize and said they were running behind, which I understand. They are going to make a job offer to me, but I have to go back in tomorrow morning! LOL The manager who is going to do that was at lunch at the time. The interview process was more formal than I thought. I had 3 different people sitting in on the interview and one person asking the questions (there were only about 6 or 8 questions). Then they did a second interview with the manager, both interviews took about 20 minutes total. Then they wanted me to go out to the registers and observe a cashier doing the job. That way, it gives the candidate a chance to determine whether or not the job is for them or not. It was pretty busy at the registers! Busy is good, it makes your shift go by much quicker. Every time we have gone to Walmart, it's busy at the registers!

I've been a cashier at Target before and they were never busy everyday. They were usually busy on the weekends. But then again, Target doesn't have a grocery side to it. I am sure more than ever, more people are shopping at Walmart for everything they need.

I have never worked here in North Carolina, so this will be interesting. From what I hear, the people are different from what I am used to and have grown up with, they have different standards. You have to watch what you say, they are all (or at least most of them are) church-going people. I am expecting a culture shock. Although, the people here are really nice here.

Also, it sounds like I won't have to take a drug test either! Shannon said it seems to be a common thing, that employers don't require drug tests!

While I was waiting to be interviewed, I wanted to find out what the dress code is. Their uniform is khaki pants and a dark blue, blue, or navy blue shirts. Pretty easy. I happen to not have either, so I will need to buy a few pants and shirts. Target required khaki pants and red shirts. Also, I saw employees wearing sneakers, so I am happy about that. I want to be comfortable at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment