His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thinking things through

I am unsure about my job. I love it and all but I am seeing now that they can be demanding! First, I get a private message (instant message) from the HR lady saying I need to answer some of the texts, when I was in the middle of one when she messaged me. That kind of pissed me off. Don't single me out like that. You can do all your little pinging over and over, but don't tell me I need to work, especially when I am. Since then, I tend to not log into messenger when I am working because they seem so pushy! That really upset me.

Then last night, one of the bosses basically cusses at her moderators in her message. When you log in, you can see their name and a message going out to everyone. Maybe I am reading it wrong, but here is the message that shows up on messenger and when she logs in.


I am just going to focus on my own work and work when I can, and as often as I can to earn that money! It's a great job, I may look into training on another area as well!

Shannon is doing okay at work. It sounds like his boss is still being a hard ass. She seems to want to micro-manage EVERYTHING and everyone! Nobody is doing a good enough job either. Then we get a call from a property in Arkansas. Apparently, Shannon's HR sent his resume to their HR for an open position they have. It's for an "assistant" position. We both agree, that we're not going to move to another state for an assistant position. It's better to stay where we are, plus we'd have to start all over there! It was very nice of his HR to do that for us, but we were hoping for a higher position! We are very thankful that he went out of his way to do that. But we also wondered why now would he put in a good word for Shannon? Why not back in November or December? It just sounds like weird timing to us.

The other night, Shannon received a phone call from one of our local politicians that he's been in touch with through a forum. They know each other through the Ron Paul forum and we even voted for him when he ran for a position (unfortunately he lost) in this past election. Anyway, Shannon had expressed interest in helping with a non-profit, so he was calling to see if Shannon was still interested! This is an unpaid/volunteer position. I told Shannon to go for it, since he would like this sort of thing. He emailed the politician back asking for more info on what he is looking for, what his expectations are, etc. Plus to collaborate with a politician would be a great opportunity on so many levels!


We also started giving Kyle his cereal with milk! Before, he always had cereal without milk (I wasn't looking to clean up a huge mess). But now that we have our dining table, I don't mind as much. He loves it! He has it every morning for breakfast. Since his eating habits change, this may change next week.

I also earned a free lavender comfort pillow from one of my home businesses! You can visit my personal link here. I can't wait to try this product! I have never tried anything like this. But it sounds perfect for me to wear on my shoulders while I am working! hehe. I am not sure what pattern I am receiving but here's is an idea of what it looks like. I did have to pay for shipping, which wasn't that bad!



No comments:

Post a Comment