His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, January 30, 2009

Bed Bugs, Taxes, & Super Bowl already?

I only realized earlier this week that the Super Bowl is this Sunday! LOL Neither Shannon nor myself watch sports. Shannon said his workplace is having a party that's open to the public but I guess they set it up way too late.

Shannon said that one of the rooms at the hotel have bed bugs! The housekeeper that went to check it out said they were all over! UGH! Anyway, the inspector that came out to look at the room, said it looks like they've been there awhile. She said they may even infected other rooms. Well, the Assistant GM convinced her to basically lie on her report to say that it's only in one room, etc, etc.


Anyway, when the housekeeper went to clean the room, they didn't tell her it had bed bugs. So she just put the sheets out in the hallway, where they sat until a houseman came and picked them up with his bare hands to put them in the laundry!!!! They didn't even tell the housekeepers!!!! We don't even know if the bed bugs were in the sheets, they had open access to the other rooms on the floor! YUCK!

The last two days, I've been working as much as I can. I am just trying to earn as much as I can until the end of the month. I will get my first paycheck from this company next month around the 21st. I just needed to motivate myself into working again. I also expressed interest for another texting job with another company. I am not sure if I am going to send in my application now, but I am keeping the email just in case. I have heard some really bad things about this company, so I am not sure if I want that drama in my life. Some people have said that the managers/moderators will stab you in the back and leave you for dead. I am not saying I don't believe the "talk" but I do take that into consideration! LOL For now I will keep working for my current company and gain experience with them.

Shannon brought home his W-2 the other night. That prompted me to gather all of our documents together and have everything in one place. We're still waiting on a few 1099s! Once we have everything, I can file our taxes and get that over with.


1 comment: