His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We witnessed History in the Making!


Shannon and I watched history in the making today as Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th President of the United States!


Shannon and I watched the inauguration together. I have never watched an inauguration so it was a little exciting, plus I had my family there to share it with. When Aretha Franklin started singing, Kyle ran over to the couch and sat there listening to her sing. While Shannon and I were watching, Kyle ran and played around the house doing his thing.

There were a few funny moments, including the mess up with the oath! There were also a few instances where Obama was sitting down to sign papers, he went to try to twist the pen open, and then he he stood up and smiled some more. Then they gave him more papers to sign, to which he had to sit back down. Later, they were presenting him with a flag and he went to reach for it and the person turned around and left! LOL It's so funny to see these flubs! Didn't they walk him through what would be happening and how to react?

1 comment:

  1. It was a great speech. I was a bit surprised when he messed up his lines on the oath because I would have thought they would have rehearsed that quite a bit.

    Still a great day in history for the world!

    ReplyDelete