His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Eventful Day

I am feeling accomplished and proud of myself!!! This seems to be a really great day for me.

I received another email from the HR representative for the work at home job I am applying for. She said she was unable to open the file with my application and asked me to convert it to jpeg. Since I am not technical in anyway possible way, I was stumped. Since I have the internet at my fingertips (my "aha" moment), I did a search on how to convert PDF to jpeg, and lo and behold, they had SIMPLE instructions to follow! I really thought it would be a technical mumbo jumbo process, but thankfully it wasn't! I am so proud of myself for figuring out how to convert PDF to a jpeg!

Kyle has been "talking" a lot today. On our daily walk around the complex, he kept leaning his head back (as if looking at the sky) with his eyes closed and "talk." He did this over and over again. He's also playing with the phone we have that is attached to our fax machine. He keeps picking it up and putting the phone to his ear and "talking" into it.

Shannon brought home two big chocolate chip cookies with white chocolate chips in them from work. Anyway, I've been eating little pieces of one of the cookies throughout the morning. This afternoon, Kyle got into the kitchen and found the other cookie. When I "caught" him, he came out of the kitchen with chocolate crumbs around his mouth and he was holding pieces of the cookie and there were crumbs on his hands too! It was the cutest thing!

I also received my order from Plantmakers!! My new plant looks cute and healthy! I am very happy about that. I wiped down her leaves because there was some dirt and dust on them. I will be transplanting some of my plants tonight.


The weather has been miserable here. Yesterday it rained for most of the day. I took Kyle out on a walk yesterday and we were soaked by the time we got home. Last night it rained and it came down hard enough on the windows to wake me up for a bit. Today it has stopped raining but it's windy and a little overcast.

1 comment: