His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Up at 1:30am

My husband got home around 1:30am or so. He went grocery shopping right after work. He woke me up and asked if I wanted to help put the groceries away, which I don't mind doing, especially if I can spend time with him and talk for a bit. :)

He bought so much food. He said it was really nice being able to buy all that food, swipe a card and not pay a dime of our own money. Food Stamps are great and he loves having them. I told him I felt the same way after Kyle's doctor appointment. I went to check out and they said, "Okay, you are all set." It was nice not having to worry about paying a co-pay or receiving a bill a few weeks later.

Shannon knew I wanted to try to bake a cake for Kyle's birthday. Kyle deserves a nice treat, he is such a good boy. Shannon bought me Reese's desert bar mix that comes with a pan and there's no baking! How fun is that? It sounds easy, so hopefully I won't find a way to burn it. LOL I've never made a dessert, so this should be a good way for me to start. I am going to make it on my husband's next day off so we can all enjoy it.

I asked Shannon about his day (at work) and he said it was shitty! After he explained what had happened, it sounds like his boss is jealous of him. She's the type of manager to hover over everyone, ask you what you're doing, ask you to do 15 things, or just want to do every job there is. Shannon is the opposite ~ laid back type of manager, he empowers his shift to handle just about any situation. He doesn't hover, he trusts they are doing their job. Then she brought up that he talks politics with one of the girls who works there. She told him that "everyone" calls them ... (cue the suspenseful music)...BUDDIES!!! AHHH! How dare he have buddies at work!!! I was wondering if everyone thinks they are lovers or something. LOL Even Shannon thought that people may think that too. For the record, I trust my husband and he would never cheat. He's just not that type. There's another girl there that talks sports with people, and apparently there is no problem with HER being buddies with the people she talks to. So what's the deal? Shannon is the only male in his department, so maybe that's why he sticks out.

No comments:

Post a Comment