His First Visit To His New School

Kyle starts school in just a few days!  He will be starting 6th grade at a brand new school, in a new school district.  

Friday, January 2, 2009

The So-Called New Year's Resolutions

I've seen a lot of blog entries from other bloggers writing about New Year's Resolutions, so I thought I'd add my 5 cents worth!


I have never really been one to officially make New Year's Resolutions. Why set myself up to fail? I was looking through a Walmart ad yesterday and the entire ad featured exercise equipment, eating right, exercise videos, workout clothes, etc. I find it funny that stores completely take advantage of this time of year and play on everyone's resolutions (I don't mean this in a mean way), I just think it's strategic of them! Although, for those who already workout, exercise, eat right on a regular basis, this would be a good time to buy what you need on sale, right?

I don't like to see people fail at their resolutions, but why create such HIGH expectations for yourselves? Why not start small and then make goals as you go?

I think the BEST way to stick to your resolutions and promises to yourself is to make a small goal. Keep following through, and don't give up! Don't forget to reward yourself, because you deserve it!

Are you the type to make resolutions? Do you find yourself failing every year? Don't give up this year. Make a change for the better! If you want to achieve something, just go for it.

2 comments:

  1. I don't usually make resolutions. This is the first one I have made in years. And I agree with what you said, make your resolution something that you should be able to stick to, something small. But, make sure it is a small thing that will enhance your life. And that is what I am trying to do. One of my resolutions was trying and note the word "try" to be more faithful about updating my blog. Another is to read more blogs, after all there are many blogs out there that have good ideas in for ways to help improve or enrich ones life. Oh, and to leave more blog comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one resolution this year! Make money! That is it! lol :)

    ReplyDelete